Community Migrant Resource Centre is a not-for-profit organisation committed to ensuring that refugees, humanitarian entrants and other migrants in NSW are supported and resourced to fulfil their potential as members of the Australian community.
We are currently seeking applications for the following position:
Casework and Intake Officer – Western Region
SCHACDS level 3, part-time fixed term (until 30 June 2018)
The Casework and Intake Officer is a team leader role and is responsible for overseeing the quality of case management services provided to CMRC clients in the Northern and Western Regions. This includes providing advice and support to Caseworkers and Community Support Workers and ensuring that ethical and high quality service provision is established and maintained.
· Tertiary level qualifications in social welfare or social work or equivalent
· Experience in working with culturally and linguistically diverse communities, particularly humanitarian entrants and people of refugee background
· At least 3 years previous case management experience in welfare, child or family support programs
· Experience with complex case management including, mental health, homelessness, violence and aggression, etc.
· Excellent written and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with caseworkers and clients
· Current driver’s licence
· Demonstrated experience in working with databases and computer software applications
· Valid Working With Children Check
· Mental Health First Aid Certificate
Written applications for the position should include:
Resume and Response to selection criteria
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
CMRC adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety.
Applications close: COB Friday, 1 December 2017. Submit applications to: email@example.com
For questions or inquiries please contact Dijana Mackic on 02 9687 9901