Sessional multicultural support workers
Employment Status- Casual, on-call
Award- Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHCADS)
Location- Head Office: Level 4, 1 Horwood Place, Parramatta - Outreach: Hills Shire
Start Date- Immediately
The Community Migrant Resource Centre is a not-for-profit organization that is committed to ensuring that refugees, humanitarian entrants and other migrants in NSW are supported and resourced to fulfil their potential as members of the Australian community.
CMRC is seeking to employ a number of Sessional Multicultural Support Workers who speak one of the following languages: Turkish, Indonesian, Thai, Philippine, Samoan, Tongan, Congolese, Nepalese and Dinka. This is no gender specific role and we encourage both male and female applicants.
CMRC’s ORGANISATIONAL OBJECTIVE
To provide high quality services, settlement information, support and advocacy to migrants and refugees in order to facilitate successful integration into the broader fabric of Australian society.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Multicultural Support Workers Project provides cultural and language support to Family and Community Services (FaCS) caseworkers and Brighter Future Community Partners working with Multicultural families. It also provides community education, community development and facilitates community engagement process between FaCS and Multicultural communities.
The Multicultural Support workers will promote culturally competent family intervention and better equip Community Services’ caseworkers with cultural information when working with Multicultural families. The Sessional Support workers will assist Community Services’ caseworkers with language and communication, assist in case planning and referral support systems, build positive relationships between Community Services and Multicultural families. They will also provide support in our community education programs to inform Multicultural families about the role of Community Services, and their rights and responsibilities under the child protection system.
- Understanding of issues relating to emerging Multicultural communities, children, young people and
families and service requirements in relation to Community Services
- Demonstrated knowledge of family support and services to parents and children from CALD backgrounds
- Knowledge of relevant government and non-government agencies and their services
- Communication skills (both written and oral)
- Experience in running workshops and information sessions with Multicultural communities
- Ability to speak other than English language from one of the following countries: Turkey, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippine, Congo, Samoa, Tonga, Nepal and South Sudan
- Knowledge of NSW notification processes, legal requirements and Occupational Health & Safety
- Compliant with employment screening requirements of the Commission for Children & Young People 1998
- Knowledge of Family and Community Services program areas: including Child Protection, Out of Home Care, Domestic Violence, Foster Care and Early Intervention
- Driver’s license & a comprehensively insured car
- Experience in report writing and client casework, including administrative tasks
- Skills in organising community education program workshops and engaging professional facilitators
Written applications for the position should include:
1. Resume/Cover letter
2. Response to selection criteria outlining your experience against each of the selection criteria listed above
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Address the selection criteria and include the names of at least two referees
Closing date: Monday, 15/05/2018, 5pm
For an information package and/or inquiries, please contact Mira Mitrovic on 9687 9901 or email@example.com
CMRC adheres to the principles and practices of equal employment opportunity and workplace health and safety.