Community Migrant Resource Centre (CMRC) is a not for profit community based organisation established to promote a just, equal and inclusive society where individuals are valued, contributing and self-sufficient members of Australian Society.
CMRC coordinates the development and provision of a range of services for newly arrived migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants and it offers services such as
• Settlement advice, information and referral services.
• Community development activities to enhance the capacity of communities to participate in the broader Australian society.
• Information and training sessions for migrants to increase their knowledge and understanding of services and thus increasing access to services.
• Working in close partnership with local and regional service providers (both government and non-government) to enhance service awareness and capacity to address the needs and issues of migrants, refugees and humanitarian entrants.
• Networking with local and regional services to improve access, equity and participation.
• Use of centre facilities by community groups for meetings, educational, cultural and recreational activities.
The CMRC employs the use of bilingual workers to deliver these services. For more detail about our projects see here.